"The greatest journey begins with a single step."


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 31

Read: Mosiah 12-14

Mark: Mosiah 13:15

“When I was a little boy… I came home from school one day, threw my books on the table, and took the name of the Lord in vain in expressing my relief that school was out for the day. My mother heard me. She was shocked. She took me by the hand and led me to the bathroom…then proceeded to wash my mouth out with that terrible soap…and then said, ‘Don’t let me ever hear such words from your lips again.’ The taste was terrible. The reprimand was worse. I have never forgotten it, and I hope that I have never used the Lord’s name in vain since that time.”
~ President Gordon B. Hinckley

How can we keep the Lord’s name sacred?


Day 32
Read: Mosiah 15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment