"The greatest journey begins with a single step."


Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 17

Read: 2 Nephi 24-25

Mark: 2 Nephi 25:23, 26

“Literally, the Atonement means to be ‘at one’ with Him. The nature of the Atonement and its effects is so infinite, so unfathomable, and so profound that it lies beyond the knowledge and comprehension of mortal man. I am profoundly grateful for the principle of saving grace… The overwhelming message of the Atonement is the perfect love the Savior has for each and all of us. It is a love which is full of mercy, patience, grace, equity, long-suffering, and, above all, forgiving.”
~President James E. Faust

How do you experience the Savior’s love?


Day 18
Read: 2 Nephi 26-27

3 comments:

  1. This quote reminds me of Bishop Edgleys talk in Stake Conference about how Christ is the one that makes everything all right. I really liked that talk. I wished I could write it all down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved his talk too. Normally it's the Saturday evening session that I take notes at- Did you write anything down from Sunday? I guess I should have looked down the row to see! :) I don't suppose those conferences have a transcript anywhere??? Anyways, Rob and I are still on track- I am loving Isaiah's words- I don't get everything, but the stuff I do get is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although we are not totally caught up to here, I have to agree with the posts. especially about Bishop Edgleys talk. He is in my son's ward (the one whose baby has Leukemia) and the family he talked about is also in their ward. In fact, the fathers funeral was the same week Luca was diagnosed and when I went to Church that first Sunday it was testimony meeting and many bore such strong testimonies of this family and others in the ward who were struggling and the power of the atonement. It really made it personal to me to hear him talk about it.

    ReplyDelete