"The greatest journey begins with a single step."


Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 8

Read: 1 Nephi 17-18

Mark: 1 Nephi 17:45

“Inspiration comes more as a feeling than as a sound…We do not have the words (even the scriptures do not have the words) which perfectly describe the Spirit. The scriptures generally use the word ‘voice,’ which does not exactly fit. These delicate, refined spiritual communications are not seen with our eyes, nor heard with our ears. And even though it is described as a voice, it is a voice that one feels, more than one hears.”
~ President Boyd K. Packer

What things have you felt while reading or praying?


Day 9
Read: 1 Nephi 19-21

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I haven't read yet today, but I loved that this morning the Bishop talked about the Liahona and how God will guide our lives, and I had just read it last night! Rob's still reading with me :) It has cut down on our TV time, but I look at that as a good thing. (I can still watch the CSI Las Vegas reruns in the summer, right??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI...I'm here ;) I am loving my scripture time each day and it helps to know that other sisters in the ward are right there with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are my inspiration! I've got to start tonight before I get too far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and thanks to Anne, Cari and all those who set up this program! I've always wanted to participate in something like this, but never have, so here we are! :) I'm excited about it and happy to actually be doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited too. I haven't ever done anything like this before either. Just to be clear, I didn't create the program; someone else did. (And they did such a great job, especially with the quotes!) When I saw it on a website, I felt really strongly that we should do it, and the rest is history! Anne started this amazing blog, and now Natalie will be keeping it going. Definitely a team effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am on track! Amazing! I am super tired but am going to sit down in my quiet house and read before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Filisi T-E-A-M TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVE MOREJanuary 24, 2010 at 9:00 PM

    Hello Sisters in Zion,

    I am very grateful to our RS Presidency for putting together this beautiful book. I am reading together with my family every nights. My family really love this. If there is any family that really need the blessing promise to us by President Marion G Romney from reading the Book of Mormon, I can tell you now, "IS MY FAMILY".

    ReplyDelete